How to care for your Glassware
Taking a few moments to care for your glassware will help keep it brilliant and
clear throughout a lifetime of use. We recommend the following care:
* Do not expose to rapid temperature changes or extremes of temperature.
* Do not place in the microwave, oven, dishwasher, or freezer.
* Avoid placing in direct sunlight.
* For best results, avoid contact with metal utensils when stirring or serving.
* For candlesticks, do not secure candles with molten wax or allow candles to
burn within three inches of the candle cup. Dripless candles are preferable. If
wax does adhere to candlestick, clean gently with denatured alcohol.
* Store your glassware right side up; do not stack vessels. Avoid sliding or
twirling the glass.
* Avoid contact with hard or abrasive materials. You may wish to cover display
areas with protective felt.
* Avoid packing glassware in newspaper or other moisture-absorbing materials for
long periods of time; soft cloth or bubble wrap is preferable.
Cleaning your glassware:
* First and foremost to keep in mind is that fine glassware is NOT dishwasher
safe. Washing these products in the dishwasher will cause dramatic loss of color
in the luster, along with a fading of the 24k gold accents (where applicable).
* Hand wash using a non-abrasive cleaner in warm water. You may wish to cushion
the sink with a towel or rubber mat.
* If stains appear on the vessel, gently rub with half a lemon, wash with
vinegar, or soak the interior with powdered dentifrice dissolved in lukewarm
* In areas with very hard water and high mineral content, distilled water will
help prevent staining.
* To dry, use a soft, lint-free cloth, or air dry.
* To avoid scratching, dust with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened in a mild
solution of 1-part ammonia to 3-parts water.
Your Shopping Cart is Empty